A competition by the prestigious Vancouver Writers' Festival is now open:
What's your story? Grab a pen and get writing, if the Vancouver Writers' Festival judges like what they read you could win a cash prize and have your work published in a magazine that showcases aspiring young writers.
Prizes will be awarded to the top two entries in poetry and fiction:
1st prize in each category: $300
2nd prize in each category: $200
Prize winners will be published in The Claremont Review and on the Festival website.
- The contest is open to all young writers enrolled in Grades 8-12 in British Columbia.
- Entries will be accepted for previously unpublished work in each category:
- Poetry (any style): 500 word limit
- Creative Short Fiction: 1,500 word limit
- Entries will be judged blind. Please do not put your name on your story or poem in the file you have uploaded or in the file name.
- There is a $5 entry fee for each story or poem you submit, payable online through PayPal.
- We will accept entries in MS Word Document or PDF formats. Please use standard margins, 12-point font and double spacing.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of publishing and writing professionals.
- Entries must be uploaded and payment confirmed by 5:00pm October 27, 2013.