Laura Thomas Communications is hosting another short story competition for young writers. Here are some of the details:
- Opens February 1, 2014
- Deadline June 30, 2014
- Finalists Announced September 20, 2014
- Winners Announced Live October 18, 2014 at the Junior Authors Writers Conference in Vancouver, Canada
- Please read the rules and follow them carefully. If there is a tie for a prize, the winner will be the writer who did a better job following the rules.
- Contest closes at midnight on June 30, 2014 (Pacific Standard Time)
- FREE to enter
- Details about the feedback option for the 2014 contest will be announced when the contest opens.
- One story per person.
- Story must be in English.
- Contest is open to anyone between 9 and 21 years old as of June 30, 2014. Proof of age may be required.
- It does not matter where you call home. Entries from every country are welcome.
- Your story can be about anything you like. Be creative and have fun. We don’t judge on the subject of your story, just on how well you write it. But remember that it will be judged according to the criteria for a short story. This is not a contest for scripts, poems, essays or other genres of writing.
- Maximum length: 1,000 words.
- No images, illustrations or fancy fonts. Keep it easy to read. Not sure which font to use? Try Times New Roman 12 pt.
- SUBMISSION FORM WILL BE AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 1, 2014
Go here for full information: Laura Thomas Short Story Competition
Picture from Wikimedia Commons: Typewriter Ideal from Seidel & Naumann, Germany by waelder