Have you ever read a contemporary story where a character smells cordite after a gun goes off?
Cordite hasn’t been used in over sixty years. So if your story involves firearms of any sort, maybe you need to read some of the posts by Adam Firestone on the Romance University website. Here are a few to get you started:
- Silencers Don’t
- How “Automatic” Pistols Really Work by Adam Firestone
- What’s in a Name: Assault Rifles, Assault Weapons and the Deliberate Imprecision of Language by Adam Firestone
- Adam Firestone Discusses Packing Iron: Tactical and Practical Concerns for Characters Who Carry Guns
- Weapons Expert Adam Firestone on The Reality of 3-D Printed Firearms
- Accuracy Matters: Calibers, Cartridges and Kindles by Adam Firestone
This is the first of my blogs where resources for writers can be found.